Biyernes, Agosto 19, 2011

Collecting Stamps as my Hobby

As a hobbyist, I am fond of collecting stamps. It began when I was still in my young age. Those were the times where the only source of communication were letters we’ve send thru mail. But time changed. We are now living in a world with high tech gadgets which made this old type of communication obsolete. These are the times where we can easily send messages to our friends and love ones in every corner of the world by just pounding the keyboard of our computers at home, laptops, cell phones, etc. 

Although it is not yet a dead form of communication, it is still exist, unlike that of a telegram. Using pen, papers, envelopes, stamps etc, were now scarcely used. Sometimes even in some letters and packages, using stamps is no longer a practice. It is substituted by a metered stamps.

So, the one thing I’ve really missed now is the stamps. For me, it is a history in the making. The imaged we saw therein are the reflection of our own country, people, places and events.  It show how we valued our government, our people, our institutions, our heroes, our achievements, our pride as a nation and our culture. It is also an outlet how we commemorated some important events and  occasions that transpired  in the past and present years, months, weeks and days.

The stamps I’ve collected were just a few compared to those who are old collectors of this stuff but I am happy to share it to everyone. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento